Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Problem with fax
  Posted by  Richard Pearson  on Monday, July 26, 2004 at 4:36:26 PM (EST)
Hi all

I have a major problem with the fax server. I have a PC running Windows 2000 and two USB modems. One of the modems is for the internet (ADSL) and the other is a 56 fax modem. The internet works 100%. Recieving faxes also works OK. The problem occurs when trying to send a fax.

The server accepts the fax from the client. When it tries to send the fax it is very intermittent. Occasionally it sends it OK, but most of the time it stops somewhere during the first page.

I have tried the modem with other software and it works perfectly. I then copied the AT string that it used in the other software across to LS with the same results.

Any ideas?

Many thanks for your time.
Richard
  Posted by Preston Small  on Thursday, July 29, 2004 at 9:11:59 AM (EST)
Sounds like your modem is timing out during the fax. Might want to try to update your 56K modem. I had that happen to me on receiving faxes. It may be the fix you need.
  Posted by Preston Small  on Thursday, July 29, 2004 at 9:13:28 AM (EST)
I meant to say updating your 56K fax driver. Sorry about that.
  Posted by Richard Pearson  on Thursday, July 29, 2004 at 11:38:37 AM (EST)
If it was a driver problem then the modem would not work with other software. If I use the fax software that came with the modem it works 100%
  Posted by Preston Small  on Saturday, August 21, 2004 at 8:29:46 AM (EST)
I apologize. What I should have said was updating the modem string.
For example I use a US Robotics 33.6 external fax modem. By going to the driver page on the U.S. Robotics site, I downloaded an updated string on a floppy drive. Then proceeded to update the fax driver with the new string.

Sorry that I wasn't clear about "updating the modem".
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.