Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
NAT problems?
  Posted by  Kjetil Myhre  on Friday, March 19, 2004 at 3:51:15 PM (EST)
Are you having problems getting NAT to work properly? Maybe you've read KB834 (http://support.software602.com/kb/view.aspx?articleID=834), but it didn't help you anything? I did...

I have a dialup ADSL connection, which I utilize from one of my network adapters. The other network adapter I use for my internal network.

When selecting the right WAN adapter, I selected the external network adapter. It turned out that I should have selected the "new" one called "Dialup adapter". All my problems got solved with that one click. :)
  Posted by Edward Crowe  on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 at 5:53:17 PM (EST)
Kjetil

I am having problems with getting NAT to work.

What exactly is your 'dialup ADSL connection, which I utilize from one of my network adapters' ?

Is this ethernet or USB ? is the ADSL device a modem or router ?

I have tried selecting 'Dialup adapter' instead of the external NIC and it made no difference.
  Posted by Kjetil Myhre  on Sunday, April 04, 2004 at 6:37:18 AM (EST)
Edward

I have an ADSL modem and two regular ethernet interfaces. One of the interfaces (3COM) is connected directly to the ADSL modem. The other interface (RealTek) is connected to my switch, which I have for my LAN.

(On my LAN, my old computer works as a server for: my new computer, my girlfriends computer, and my XBOX.)

I first tried to set up 602LAN SUITE by assigning the RealTek card to LAN, and the 3COM card to WAN. That didnt work. I had to assign the 3COM card to another option called Dialup Adapter. (That option isn't something I have installed. I don't even have it in my network connections. It seems like it's something that 602LAN SUITE has invented. Maybe it's the SUITE's way of naming the PPPOE ADSL connection I get when the connection has been established.)

Hope this helps,
Kjetil
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.