Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
extreme processor use
  Posted by  Jona Walvis  on Monday, November 10, 2003 at 1:06:08 PM (EST)
Hi,

I'm running, with satisfaction I might add, LS2003 on a Duron 800MHz machine with 512MB Ram running Win2K Server, and it serves as an email server. So far no problems.

But when some time has passed, the windows service process starts to use at least 70% of the processor time. When I restart the service, it will run normally for sometime, but then again starts to use all of the available processor time.

Anyone here had the same problem? The uptime of the machine is over 48 days at the moment, but that shouldn't give a problem, is it? I'm a little confused, and my server gets a little overheated by this too. :)

thanks in advance!
  Posted by Paul Maber  on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 at 5:07:54 AM (EST)
Check that the DNS address isn't the same as the machines IP address.
  Posted by Jona Walvis  on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 at 1:28:30 PM (EST)
Does that apply even when I'm running a DNS server on the same machine? Because this config has been running pretty good for al while now, with the local IP as DNS server.

It seems to me the problem first occured after I set up the admin pages to be served through https (that is, via SSL). Could it be that this is the cause of the problem? e.g. calculating the public key uses a lot of resources?
The number of request certainly is not the problem (less than 3 a week on average :P)
  Posted by Ron Graves  on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 at 3:25:51 PM (EST)
You might also run a Virus check on the server. Had a similar problem, ran the machine for awhile and kept getting slower and slower. Reboot worked fine for a while. "deborm" virus
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.