Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
always sending messages
  Posted by  Ray Carter  on Saturday, November 01, 2003 at 8:31:26 AM (EST)
I am a home user with 2 pc's using a broadband connection and Win98.
Lansuite seems to be constantly trying to send messages - some get sent, others 'cannot be delivered' but I don't know where these messages are coming from and where they are going to.
I have only recently ticked 'relay for 602 pro users only'. Before this time, no relay options were ticked.
When I occasionally had problems like this before I used to go into queue management and delete everything in the queue (there were no messages I had sent in here - all seem to be spam-like, and they didn't build up over time - they all seemed to arrive suddenly together).
Now, lansuite hangs when I try to access queue management. Is there a way I can clear the queue through a backdoor? And what, where and how are these messages being sent? Can I view them - to see where they are going to, coming from?
Is it a virus? I have a fully up to date Norton antivirus installed and it has not detected anything.
I am very confused...
Thank you.
PS. I have just upgraded to Lansuite '2003' but the problem still persists.
  Posted by Russell Waddington  on Saturday, November 01, 2003 at 1:14:18 PM (EST)
I would surjest scaning both computers with Adaware and Spybot. You may have a trojan or malware/spyware or your systems.

You can see all mail sent or recieved in the file c:\lansuite\lansuite.csv. The file can be viewed using notepad, but will look better if you use a spreadsheet program, like MS Excel or Software602's PCsuite.

Have you tried re-installing LanSuite, to try and correct your queue management problem? Also have you tried using the web acess: http://127.0.0.1/admin, this address will work on the machine you have installed LanSuite.

If you are not using a firewall, i would recommend you install one. Zonealarm is a good free one (www.zonealarm.com); but there are others. This is what is known as an application level firewall. If an unknown application startups up on your machine, it will give you a change to stop it.
  Posted by Miguel Bioucas  on Sunday, November 02, 2003 at 7:17:29 PM (EST)
You should check if only the Lan suite users are alowed to send e-mails.

Otherwise there may be others sending emails, like spam.

Hope this help
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.