Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
LanSuite to act as SMTP server
  Posted by  wesley mcgugan  on Friday, October 31, 2003 at 7:16:24 AM (EST)
Hi all,
I have a working system using lansuite. LS pulls mails from pop3 server at "mx1.domain.com".

I've set LS to act as SMTP server so that it sends outgoing mails directly without first sending them to "smtp.domain.com".

It works well, but are there any potential spam implications in using this setup. I'm worried that the recipient will see that the message was sent from the ip address of the LSuite box, rather than the ip address as specified in DNS. (the ip address of the LSuite box is not static)

Is this setup ok?
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Friday, October 31, 2003 at 10:18:11 AM (EST)
If the IP address of your internet connection is blacklisted and the other end uses that blacklist, it will be blocked. That is why using the "send mail via isp's smtp server" option is there--in case you're blacklisted.
  Posted by Russell Waddington  on Friday, October 31, 2003 at 1:39:43 PM (EST)
I have run into the situation where certain email providers refuse all mail from 'dial-up/cable/dsl/' residential ranges. The email provider of 'www.mail.com' does this. So even if you specific IP address is not blocked, you can run into the situation of non-business class IPs not being accepted.
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.