Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Mail Abuse Prevention System
  Posted by  Mario Cisneros  on Thursday, October 30, 2003 at 11:49:14 AM (EST)
the anti spam settings on lansuite 2003, are not stopping most of the spam, the free antispam services, either fail to filter the real spam, and filter my customer emails, i have being thinking of paying one of the filters listed in the antispam servers. do you have any reported users using Mail Abuse Prevention System (http://mail-abuse.org) i visited their website an dlansuite is not listed as a mailserver able to use the DNS query options. can you confirm if lasuite 2003 actually works with them, and if you have any other users using lansuite 2003 with paid filters.
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Friday, October 31, 2003 at 10:14:27 AM (EST)
I've never used any of the pay services, but I can tell you that DNS Blacklists aren't the ideal solution. It's better than a manual email address blacklist or blocking individual servers, but because it is so hard to get off a blacklist, it's not the best..mostly because it simply denies the connection when an IP is on the blacklist...

The bad thing is there's no way to get rid of ALL the spam. :(

I have heard through the grapevine that Software602 is going to be implementing a new way to filter spam which uses bayesian filtering and a scoring system like some of the better open source spam filters. With the scoring system, even if your customers are on every blacklist it checks, it will still allow the mail to come through with the right combination of score elements.
  Posted by Eugene Reynolds  on Thursday, November 06, 2003 at 3:24:33 PM (EST)
I think the anti-spam feature will only on work with mail collected via smtp & not pop3.
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.