Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Anti-Virus updating
  Posted by  Paul Levestam  on Thursday, October 23, 2003 at 10:48:34 PM (EST)
602Pro Suite has developed a problem the updating the sign. file "Anti-Virus updating was not successfull: Invalid signature of file "C:\LANSUITE\bdupdate\Plugins\nelf.cvd.gzip"! this is 5th file in the set. Any ideas please.
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Friday, October 24, 2003 at 3:45:36 PM (EST)
Knowledge Base:

http://support.software602.com/kb/view.aspx?articleID=641
  Posted by Paul Levestam  on Friday, October 24, 2003 at 7:57:40 PM (EST)
This happens from time to time why would this one file deside it was going to become courrupted when 8GB or of data pass through without a hitch. This explaination is to generalised. Bitdefender says:
1. Program version: 6.0.529
is a very old version.
2.change the upgrade address from upgrade.bitdefnder.com to upgrade2.bitdefender.com
3. there must be a server overload.
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Monday, October 27, 2003 at 12:24:35 PM (EST)
Paul, I would agree with you however I just updated my LS Anti-virus edition without a hitch. If I can do it and you cannot, this would seem to me to be a problem with your internet connection or your isp's connection to the mainland US (Florida to be exact) where Software602 is located.

Considering I am not having this problem, the "generalized" answer does seem to fit, no? If you are having this problem and no one else is, what else do you think the problem could be? Certainly not an "overloaded server" considering I would exhibit the exact same problem as you would if that was the case.

Regarding what bitdefender says, who cares? You're trying to update from "update.software602.com" not any bitdefender address. I obtained this address from my SNMP agent I use on my firewall.
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.