Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
eDock Server 2.1 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to eDock Server 2.1 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Search feature doesnt work
  Posted by  Luc Simon  on Tuesday, October 14, 2003 at 7:43:11 AM (EST)
Hello
My edock server is accessible at apta-conseil.dynip.com/edock, so you can eventually test my problem with user = "tous" and password = "tous".
When I try to use search feature, I always get the answer that no document match the query, although lot of them do. For example, try with searching "name", frequently present in the *.doc files that are in "documents publics" folder. Everybody can access that directory, and going directly to these files through edock works fine.
What is wrong ?
Thanks and regards
Luc
PS I'm French, so apologizes for my poor english
  Posted by Peter Murphy  on Tuesday, October 14, 2003 at 1:20:59 PM (EST)
I've noticed that it sometimes takes a while for the full text indexing to index the files. I would imagine this is caused by a number of things like available system resources and the amount of documents it needs to index.
I would try to restart the eDock server and see if that helps.
  Posted by Peter Crown  on Tuesday, December 16, 2003 at 5:22:50 PM (EST)
I could not access your server becaue you install it into local IP address, not routable by Internet.

I assume the problem is becaue you try to search in French document. eDock Server fulltext search support only English and
I believe also Czech/Slovak, but not French. Try search for "and" or for some text in English document to test this.

P.C.
BackBack to eDock Server 2.1 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.