Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
SMTP Delay
  Posted by  Paul Marshall  on Sunday, October 12, 2003 at 7:45:18 AM (EST)
Hi,

I use LS2003 on a WinXP Home machine with Outlook 2000 as a client. I have been running in this setup for a couple of months and had no problem, however now when I send mail from Outlook it takes ages! A connection to the server is established but it doesn't seem to transfer the mail for ages. I cannot see why!

This happened with a previous installation of LS2003 on my old PC - a Win98SE machine, and has happened with both Outloox Express 6 and Outlook 2000. I am using the latest build of LS2003.

Has anyone else had similar problems?

Thanks in anticipation,

Paul.
paul@mypurple.co.uk
  Posted by Ken Zhu  on Sunday, October 12, 2003 at 10:16:53 AM (EST)
Did you enable the SMTP and POP3 service? If you did, please check the settings.
If you want to send outgoing mail via ISP's SMTP server, please mark send outgoing mail via ISP's SMTP server in SMTP setting in LS2003 otherwise please don't mark it.
If you don't send outgoing mail via ISP's SMTP server, please check the setting for Outlook/Outlookexpress. The IP address for SMTP setting for the account should be the same IP address as defined in SMTP server in LS2003.
Hope can solve your problem.
  Posted by Paul Marshall  on Sunday, October 12, 2003 at 12:43:24 PM (EST)
I have all of the services set up and working, I have been using LS for over a year. This happened with LS2002 so I don't think its a bug - must be something I have installed - will keep at it!

Thanks anyway,

Paul.
  Posted by Paul Marshall  on Sunday, October 12, 2003 at 12:46:54 PM (EST)
I've found it!!

Just after I replied I had a thought - Anti-Spam settings!! I had activated some of the Anti-Spam filters, so obviously all of my outgoing mails from Outlook were being checked against these databases! Anyway, I disabled them and its all back to normal!

:-D

Paul.
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.