Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro PC SUITE 2001 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro PC SUITE 2001 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Cannot reopen 602Text documents
  Posted by  Sophie Lagace  on Saturday, October 11, 2003 at 3:18:58 PM (EST)
I was using the free version of 602 Office 2001, running on Windows 2000Pro. I would be delighted to buy 602 Office, if it wasn't that I keep running into one major problem: sometimes, files that I created and edited in 602Text cannot be reopened. I have not been able to figure out what triggers the problem. I create a document, I can close and reopen it, BUT sometimes the next time I log on (under the same ID) the document turns to gibberish when I reopen it. I have been saving in .doc format because I need to exchange with other people, and I can still open the documents in WordViewer, looking just fine!

The most recent example was curious, because I had a couple of editing sessions that went fine, but the third login brought the problem. Yet some documents have never exhibited this problem (I'm keeping my fingers crossed.) I just updated to 602 Office 4.0, hoping this would solve the problem, but the saved documents still look like gibberish in 602Text. It's too early to tell whether newly created files will also show the problem.

Any suggestions as to why this is happening and what I can do to prevent it?
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Wednesday, October 29, 2003 at 9:58:42 AM (EST)
Sounds like they got corrupt when they got saved. If I were you, I'd be checking my disks for errors (scandisk).
  Posted by Sophie Lagace  on Wednesday, October 29, 2003 at 11:04:16 AM (EST)
Thank you but no, I'd already run scan disk. Forgot to mention that, and also the fact that this is a brand new hard drive, 3 months old.
  Posted by Tatiana Pereira  on Thursday, December 04, 2003 at 2:06:43 PM (EST)
HELLO,
I HAVE A MAGAZINE AND A CD CAME WITH IT, AND IN IT WAS 602PC SUITE.I ALREADY INSTALLED IT AND I WANT TO KNOW IF IT'S PAID.THANK YOU.
TATIANA PEREIRA
BackBack to 602Pro PC SUITE 2001 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.