Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Faxes are not being sent
  Posted by  Roland Giesler  on Friday, September 26, 2003 at 12:36:27 PM (EST)
The fax service in LANSUITE 2003 just stopped sending out faxes a few days ago. We have done everything - restarted machine, reinstalled modem, checked all sorts of stuff, upgraded to the latest build of LANSUITE, but to no avail.

There are currently 17 items queued to be faxed, but the fax doesn't even attempt to dial. We are receiving faxes however, and testing the modems with hyperterminal proves 100% successfull, that is the modem dials right away when instructed to do so.

The platform is NT4 SP6a and we have an ISDN adaptor for internet and an analog modem for faxing.
  Posted by Ronald Johnson  on Friday, September 26, 2003 at 2:48:32 PM (EST)
roland,
i've only been using lansuite for a few weeks, but i experienced the same problem. the only way i was able to get it to start sending again was to change something in the configuration, save, restart lansuite, and change the config back. seems to reset it somehow. but i have not been able to get it to send the faxes in the queue. restarting lansuite without changing the config also had no effect for us, nor did restarting the machine. we use an external modem, so that shouldn't be the problem. we are working on this and will post back if we find something more workable.
  Posted by Ronald Johnson  on Friday, September 26, 2003 at 2:52:28 PM (EST)
it doesn't seem to matter what you change in the config. just that something does change & that lansuite gets restarted.
  Posted by Miguel Martinez  on Friday, September 26, 2003 at 4:58:58 PM (EST)
We've got a lot of problems in the past. Now we use only US Robotics modems/fax configuring with Class 2.0.

Regards
  Posted by Ronald Johnson  on Thursday, October 02, 2003 at 9:07:24 AM (EST)
any luck roland? i have a similar problem with faxes going out. like you, incoming faxes are fine. i'm using a usrobotics external, and it seems to be checking the line but doesn't try to dial out, well the first fax usually goes out, but after that, nothing gets sent. we have been forced to go back to winfax pro for now, which works fine besides locking up if outlook/outlook express/word/excel is running & being a massive resource hog.
  Posted by Roland Giesler  on Friday, October 03, 2003 at 7:41:38 AM (EST)
Ronald, what changes do (did) you make to get the fax service to work again. I cannot get it going in any way! I've made changes to the fax config, restarted LANSuite, but to no avail.

Is there anyone from LANSuite on this forum?
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Friday, October 03, 2003 at 8:05:26 AM (EST)
Check out this Knowledge Base topic:
http://support.software602.com/kb/view.aspx?articleID=341

By virtue of you saying you can receive incoming faxes, it indicates that you have to pass some sort of fax mode command to the fax modem. I would first check with your modem manual and then with your modem manufactuerer for assistance.

Support would have sent you the same thing. They do not provide support for modem issues. The product obviously works, it's your MODEM that's causing a problem.

Also for the record, this is a user support forum. Software602 sells support, which nobody would buy if they gave it away for free here..They moderate this forum (I've seen posts get removed) and on occasion reply to a post, but for the most part, this is userland.
  Posted by Roland Giesler  on Friday, October 03, 2003 at 8:31:29 AM (EST)
I definitely have the correct modem drivers, Ive updated the firmware as well and it worked 100% for more than 2 months. There is no entry in the log to say that the software doesnt recognize the modem, aamof it finds a class 1 fax modem each time the service starts and reports that is works. There is no problem receiving incoming faxes either. The outgoing faxes just stay in "waiting" mode forever. Surely there must (or rather should) be even just a tiny little entry in some log file that says "TAPI holds the modem, cannot fax" or "modem problem, fax queue stopped", or whatever. But there nothing!
  Posted by Roland Giesler  on Friday, October 03, 2003 at 8:54:56 AM (EST)
Here is what my log says when I start LANsuite:
PM 02:53:51 FAX: Starting FAX server...
PM 02:53:51 FAX: FAX server started.
PM 02:53:51 FAX: [1] Fax server started on 03/10/03 02:53:54
PM 02:53:51 FAX: [1] Version : 2003.0.0.14 (C:\Program Files\LANSuite\g602fxs.dll)
PM 02:53:51 FAX: [1] Size and time of ms602.ini 1094 03/10/03 02:25:38
PM 02:53:55 FAX: [1] FAX support detected : CLASS1.
PM 02:53:55 FAX: [1] Modem configured.
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Friday, October 03, 2003 at 10:07:14 AM (EST)
Great, so you got the correct driver, but what about the correct modem string like I mentioned?

How do you KNOW it's correct?
  Posted by Roland Giesler  on Saturday, October 04, 2003 at 3:04:56 PM (EST)
I downloaded the modem driver from the manufacturers website. It matches the modem model and I even did a firmware upgrade. The setup string is a plain vanilla one (the default LANSuite one) which is just standard HAYES compatible stuff.
ATQ0V1E1X3S0=0
If I need special settings, then surely somewhere in the documentation is should say so?
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Saturday, October 04, 2003 at 5:56:55 PM (EST)
Your modem documentation or modem manufacturer can tell you. For example, I have to use a %C1 for "Fax Class 1" in the modem string for my Zoom 56k modem I use here in the shop..

Your results may vary.
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.