Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro PRINT PACK 2002 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro PRINT PACK 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Printers are gone
  Posted by  David Lehmann  on Thursday, September 25, 2003 at 12:56:04 PM (EST)
We have tried to install PrintPack 2002 on a Win2000 Pro machine.

PrintPack finishes installation normally, and asks us to reboot. After rebooting we check the printers, and the only printers listed is the HP LaserJet we have installed.

Since this issue this morning, we have tried to re-install the software. Since that did not work, we upgraded to service pack 4, upgraded Internet Explorer, and then tried to re-install and it still will not work.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Thursday, September 25, 2003 at 1:16:29 PM (EST)
My guess is you're not installing this as administrator or you don't have sufficient rights to write to the registry.
  Posted by David Lehmann  on Thursday, September 25, 2003 at 5:34:01 PM (EST)
Yes, we have tried to install it logged in as administrator. We have also tried to install it in win2000 safe mode, without any luck.
It installs some of the components. When I right click on a file, it will let me try to print2pdf, but that does not work either. I click on details and it says

Faxdriver nebyl nalezen. The printer name is invalid.
All done. Press Close to exit...

Thanks for the reply.
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Friday, September 26, 2003 at 10:02:58 AM (EST)
It sounds like you've got a fax driver that is causing a problem. What fax program do you have installed?
  Posted by David Lehmann  on Friday, September 26, 2003 at 11:54:08 AM (EST)
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I could not find a solution to this problem on Microsofts web site either.

I repaired my copy of windows 2000 from the installation cd, and that has fixed the problem.

Thanks for the help.

Glade
BackBack to 602Pro PRINT PACK 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.