Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro PC SUITE 2001 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro PC SUITE 2001 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Download Yahoo Finance
  Posted by  Edward Nachman  on Thursday, September 25, 2003 at 12:40:16 PM (EST)
I can download my stock reports from Yahoo finance. If I do this on my other computer that has Xcel, the report is downloaded as a *.csv file and fits into the Xcel program. When I download on the computer that has the TAB program it doesn't conform to a spreadsheet program. How can I save the download to TAB?
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Friday, September 26, 2003 at 10:01:59 AM (EST)
What do you mean "it doesn't conform to a spreadsheet program". Do you mean that when you double-click on the file, it will not open?
  Posted by Edward Nachman  on Friday, September 26, 2003 at 11:00:10 AM (EST)
It opens in "TAB" but not into individual cells as it does with Excel. In Yahoo finance you have the ability to download a spread sheet with a "CSV" extension. When you click on it, it immediately opens up in Excel. When I attempt to do it with TAB I get the information separated by commas. Such as Stock name, price per share, highest, lowest, volume, etc.
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Friday, September 26, 2003 at 11:09:59 AM (EST)
http://www.software602.com/products/pcs/tips/archive/aug2003.html#tip3

This was covered in last month's tips and tricks.
  Posted by Edward Nachman  on Friday, September 26, 2003 at 11:24:57 AM (EST)
Thanks for the advice. The only thing that concerns me is that I have to do the procedure twice to get the info in the proper columns
BackBack to 602Pro PC SUITE 2001 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.