Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
eDock Server 2.1 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to eDock Server 2.1 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Backup Problems
  Posted by  Joe Forman  on Saturday, September 13, 2003 at 6:57:16 AM (EST)
I have the server set to backup every day and have found that it just seems to stop backing up from time to time. I then have to reset it to get it going again. Has anyone experienced that and if so is there a remedy for it. Secondly, is there any value to backing up my data files directly with a third party backup program and if so, where do I find my data?
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Monday, September 15, 2003 at 12:48:35 PM (EST)
I have not seen this happen. My automatic backups are working just fine. What kind of error do you get? how much drive space do you have left on the drive? are you backing it up to a different volume like a shared drive or NAS storage facility?
  Posted by Peter Crown  on Friday, November 28, 2003 at 2:08:06 AM (EST)
You cannot backup fil if you have users connected to it with a third party software. That is why built-in backup is very need. It allows you run backup and also use eDOck online at the same time. I run eDOck backup every day, so system automatcially backup fil to the special folder and then I run my regular tape backup and copy edock backup on the tape.

Peter
BackBack to eDock Server 2.1 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.