Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro PC SUITE 2001 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro PC SUITE 2001 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
problem with saving & deleting changed .doc files
  Posted by  Kelly Sholinder  on Tuesday, September 09, 2003 at 6:35:52 PM (EST)
Until today, I was in love with this program. However, I ran into a glitch, and I'm wondering if I'm alone with this one.

Made a few changes to an existing text document saved under the .doc extension. Tried to save it with the changes, but received an error message "File access error". I needed the changes desperately, so I saved it under a different extension (.wpd), which it permitted, and then tried to delete the original .doc file. No luck - sudden message informed me I was trying to delete a file that was in use (which it wasn't!). I still can't remove the original, and all other text documents default to the .doc extension, leaving me to think I may run across this problem again.

Anyone else come across this? If so, help! I need to be able to save & change & save again under the .doc extension without error messages, and I need to be able to delete files that I'm through with!
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 at 10:02:59 AM (EST)
I just tried opening a doc, making some changes then saving it as a wpd then making some other changes (deleting most of what I did the first time), then saving it again as a doc and it worked fine.

Perhaps this is a permissions issue with the file?
  Posted by Kelly Sholinder  on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 at 3:38:58 PM (EST)
Definitely not a permissions issue - my computer, my software, my files.... However, I did manage to "correct" the problem, in a manner of speaking. Uninstalled & re-installed the software. Seems to have cured the problem. Thanks for trying! :-)
BackBack to 602Pro PC SUITE 2001 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.