Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
IIS Trouble
  Posted by  Tony Vieson  on Tuesday, August 05, 2003 at 7:56:11 PM (EST)
I dont want to use the webservice built into LAN Suite 2003. I already user IIS and have it configured for PHP. If I disable the webservice it also blocks my IIS webserver. How can I disable the webserver without it taking down my IIS server.
  Posted by Patrick Mclaughlinjr.  on Tuesday, August 05, 2003 at 8:29:31 PM (EST)
OK, for starters I DONT KNOW WHAT I"M DOING.
But I had, have IIs, LS2003 WWW, and yes Apache 2.0 with php 4XYZ somthing, Ihad 5 but found out you really should be doing that. I have php working, I think, you know phpinfo() and that, working on Apache and LS www, I didn't want to put php on IIs or I havn't had to yet. All I did was change the port to, as suggested by 602, to 8080 for LS2003 and 8090 for IIs with Apache on the standard 80 I would like to get Apache going, looks like there is A LOT MORE support for it, a be it via the nerdnet. You have to read 15 posts, 5 articals, and one footer to actually get what you wanted to know. Like for example php 4.2+ now has global variales ala $php_self off by defalt, and all the toutorials I was reading just assumed it was on, writen pre 4.2+

GOOD LUCK to you.
Hey, any luck getting SSL going on IIs?

Posted by Tony Vieson  on Tuesday, August 05, 2003 at 8:47:36 PM (EST)
I have no idea what your talking about. I have a complete setup IIS Webserver with a fully fuctional PHP website. I have no need for a webserver. ISS does everything I need and want. All I want and plan to use is the email server. I just want to know how to use the email server and the email server only.
  Posted by Patrick Mclaughlinjr.  on Tuesday, August 05, 2003 at 11:49:44 PM (EST)
Just as an idea, I think IIs has SMTP too. I had to turn it off becouse it was conflicting with my LS2003. I found it in my W2k Services.

Posted by Russell Waddington  on Wednesday, August 06, 2003 at 7:23:47 PM (EST)
Change the port number in LS2003.

I do not know if changing the port number and turning off lansuite will just disable LS2003. If you plan on using web mail, you may need LS2003 web active; unless you can figure out what pages and scripts to move over to IIS.

You can always change the port number and firewall block the port. Not ideal, but will prevent people from accessing lansuite's web services even thou it will still be running.

LanSuite is really designed to be the controller of a small network. For just e-mail you really need a dedicated email program. But LS2003 does make a very nice email program; and it is the only reason why I use LS2003.

BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.