Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Internet Connection Fallback Routing
  Posted by  Selwyn Easton  on Saturday, August 02, 2003 at 7:50:54 PM (EST)
I have both DSL and Dial-up connections available to LS2003. The set up only appears to allow one or the other.
Is there any way to use the DSL as the prime access and then the dial-up (if DSL is not available)
I realise this could be done manually... but wish to be able to automate the process.
  Posted by Russell Waddington  on Saturday, August 02, 2003 at 9:21:35 PM (EST)
Have you tried setting it up for dial-up, and just using the 'client request upon proxy server'

If you have a permanent connection using DSL, when you access the proxy server it should just go through. But If the DSL is down, then the proxy should make a request to dial up.

Posted by Selwyn Easton  on Sunday, August 03, 2003 at 1:08:07 AM (EST)
Thanks for the suggestion Russell. I hadn't tried it 'cause I simply didn't think it would work.
I have tried it now.... and it didn't work. As I suspected, LS2003 simply uses the Dial-up for everything.
It does save all the settings in the Dial-up configuration, making it easy to turn on manually if required.
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.