Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2000 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2000 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Inbound requests to route...
  Posted by  Mike Kurowski  on Friday, October 12, 2001 at 3:25:17 PM (EST)
I am at a loss. I read the manual, and talked with other fellow network techs and am totally stumped. I have 602 Lansuite installed and have 5 systems on my network. I have learned how to create mapped links to get out on an internal system. I run a chat server on my main system and would like to put it on one of the internal computers. Is it possible? How do you tell 602 Lan to take the request for port 6667 (port used on chat server) and direct to an internal system? Or am I reaching... Any help would be great.
  Posted by Carlo Turk  on Monday, October 29, 2001 at 9:50:27 AM (EST)
Hi, you know how to create a mapped link. Have you tried to create a mapped link from your proxy to the chat server ? assign the right port numbers. So use the same port number.
  Posted by Mike Kurowski  on Thursday, November 08, 2001 at 11:01:12 PM (EST)
Carlos,

Got your message. You are correct. It worked... but.. I am on cable and our ip's sometimes change. So I notice I have to enter the ip of the inbound computer. I guess there is no way around that, eh? What about those on dial-up?? They will need to send me their ip so I can add it to my mapped links. Defeats the purpose of a 24/7 chat server on an internal system. But your help worked and I thank you. :)
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2000 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.