Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Disable incoming faxes
  Posted by  Frederick Davis  on Monday, July 28, 2003 at 3:40:30 AM (EST)
Hi,

I use LS2003 as a home e-mail/fax server on a dial-up telephone line. This line is shared with a telephone answering machine that has to be on permanently.

Over the weekend I have had the situation where, because of incoming calls to the answering machine, the fax modem has kicked into life and at one point locked the line preventing vital messages from being left.

I never receive incoming faxes, so I would like to disable the fax server from receiving incoming calls and hopefully stop the modem grabbing the line.

Using the init string ATS0=0 does not seem to have the desired effect. Can anyone suggest the correct settings to help me out?

Thanks,
Fred

Posted by Robert Smith  on Monday, July 28, 2003 at 8:28:32 AM (EST)
You can't disable the incoming fax server without disabling the fax server all together, but you can set the number of rings option on the tapi tab to a high amount (anything after whenever your answering machine kicks in will work).
  Posted by Frederick Davis  on Monday, July 28, 2003 at 9:35:20 AM (EST)
Robert,

I had set the 'Answer after x rings' to 10. Answering machine kicks in after 2. But this does not stop the modem recognising the incoming ring.

Does anyone know if I can use some 3rd party network fax software and LS2003 side by side without causing a conflict for the one modem?

Fred
  Posted by Russell Waddington  on Monday, July 28, 2003 at 6:13:54 PM (EST)
Have you actually set the modem to answer after X rings. Like start up a terminal program like Hyperterm and send the command string to the modem to change its number of rings.
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.