Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
ls 20003 slower than 2002
  Posted by  Luigino Bucosse  on Wednesday, July 23, 2003 at 11:13:12 AM (EST)
it is normal? i disabled
many functions, no firewall,
no proxy but....

(i have only 3 users account)

w h y ?

gigi

Posted by Robert Smith  on Wednesday, July 23, 2003 at 11:32:48 AM (EST)
Obviously, running a service like the firewall that inspects every packet coming in to the computer is going to slow the application down. It's not appreciably different, I don't really notice a difference between LS 2002 and LS 2003 even with the firewall on.
  Posted by Kevin Buckley  on Tuesday, July 29, 2003 at 12:58:26 AM (EST)
I wish I knew what was so special about these systems that report no speed differences, I see about a 75% slowdown between ls2002 and ls2003.

Any Idea's anyone.
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Tuesday, July 29, 2003 at 10:08:08 AM (EST)
I wish I could reproduce the problem but I can't. All my systems run only LAN Suite and what is required by Windows. I also use Intel, not AMD or any of the clone chipsets out there.

I can build a good LAN Suite server for $500 + OS that doesn't exhibit this problem.
  Posted by Luigino Bucosse  on Tuesday, July 29, 2003 at 2:05:50 PM (EST)
Ok, you are able to build a new
powerful box due the (?) software
inefficiency...

i think we are here for find, solve problems and share knowlege about the using of a new good sofware (LS is very good!) and not to solve problems changing Hardware without a good reason,

...so if your message is "maybe the problem with LS 2003 is in the Amd processors" my consideration is "maybe yes" effectively i run LS
on an Amd (K6 at 500 mhz), but if is "throw away your old computer
and buy a new one" then...

Bye from Italy

Luigino Bucosse
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Tuesday, July 29, 2003 at 3:35:35 PM (EST)
Before accusing the software of being faulty, buggy or anything else, please re-read my comments. Read them one more time to make sure you understand them.

I never said to throw away your PC. I'm just saying I'm not able to reproduce this issue with 15 different customers using relatively new intel boxes. I would hardly call a 1.5-1.7 ghz system new, yet my clients run this with 25 users and the firewall with NO problems whatsoever.

Take it for what it's worth, but I'm sure a more recent system rather than something that is 5 or 6 years old would run the software much more efficiently.
  Posted by Shane Duncan  on Saturday, August 02, 2003 at 1:58:54 PM (EST)
Lansuite is slow on the 2 PC's that I have ran it on.
Dual 1ghz pentium III's
512MB Registered ECC SDRAM
Intel STL2 Server motherboard
Adaptec AIC-7899 Ultra160 SCSI(OS)
Adaptec 3000S Ultra160 RAID ctrl
9GB 10K rpm Ultra160 HD (OS)(X1)
9GB 10K rpm Ultra160 in a RAID5(X3)
Running Windows 2003 Server

Plus
AMD Xp2400
1gb of PC2100 DDR Ram
40GB IDE hard drive (7200rpm)
Running 2003 Advanced Server

Both of these machines have no problems with recieving mail and sending mail, but the proxy crawls like a turtle. I can uncheck the proxy settings on the clients and they load say for instance Ebay in 2 seconds. Whith the proxy they load the same page is 8 seconds.
Any suguestions?

Posted by John Armour  on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 at 9:30:21 AM (EST)
I'm running LS2003 on an old Intel PII 350 PC with a dial-up connection and 12 users and on a newer computer w/ an Intel 1.8 GHz with 4 users. I see no change in the old computer in moving from LS2002 to LS2003 except that Internet browsing is much faster. On the newer computer I have not run LS2002 on the new computer but there may be some slowing of performance compared to not running LS at all.
  Posted by Sener Yetgin  on Tuesday, September 16, 2003 at 12:52:54 PM (EST)
I have some difficulties about proxy using by clients. Their connection (about Http) is very slow through internet web sites browsing. This case has came up after LanSuite2003 upgrade. But, my messengers, mail receive and sendings are normal.
even, I looked over firewall settings and down size of security level for testing that issue. but, nothing yet to solve it. But, last interesting point is related my notebook as a client. My over 35 users are being this slowness problem, I don't have any problem, only me. But, My computer's user account was administrator while I am testing that issue.

I don't know, how can I solve the problem.

Thanks...
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.