Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
E-mail to Fax with Outlook 2000
  Posted by  Seth Tabor  on Friday, July 18, 2003 at 2:42:29 PM (EST)
I have been useing and am very happy with Lan Suite, but there is one problem I have been unable to resolve.

When I send faxes using "e-mail to fax" addresses in my contacts Lan Suite does not fax my attached word documents. I does however fax the e-mail portion. On a stranger note Lan Suite never converts my attachments if I send any fax to a #######@fax address(the way the e-mail to fax thing handles the number form contacts in outlook), but stangely enough it works like a charm for any fax to #######@fax.fax . Has any one else had and resolved this problem? I even went so far as to edit the Lan Suite dll that outlook uses to handle the automatic fax # to e-mail thing but I can not get it to accept anything over 3 digits past the @. Oh, I should also mention that the send fax client works perfectly as well.

Ok here is my set up:
Mailserver is Exchange on NT
Fax/SMTP* server is Lan Suite 2003 on Win98
(smtp on LS2003 only passes messages internaly)

ST
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Friday, July 18, 2003 at 3:00:40 PM (EST)
Are you sending the faxes directly to lan suite or through exchange first?
  Posted by Seth Tabor  on Friday, July 18, 2003 at 3:07:01 PM (EST)
I think the Send Fax Client goes directly to Lansuite.

All Other e-mails go to the exchange server then the lansuite server. Where the addresses from the exchange server are "aliases" in Lansuite, so it will and does accept them. Also, I want to reiterate that when sending to @fax a fax is send to the proper number of the e-mail body just the attachments are not converted. Also when the fax gets to Lan Suite it says that it is converting the message to fax just as it does when it works through fax.fax but it seems to go much quicker. (most likely because it is not doing what it is suposed to)

Thanks for the reply,
ST
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Friday, July 18, 2003 at 3:30:25 PM (EST)
I bet Exchange is changing these email or headers. What happens if you configure a POP3 mail client to send directly to Lan Suite?
  Posted by Seth Tabor  on Friday, July 18, 2003 at 3:32:22 PM (EST)
Good question, I am going to try that right now.

ST
  Posted by Seth Tabor  on Friday, July 18, 2003 at 3:49:18 PM (EST)
They come back as undeliverable.?.?

@fax and @fax.fax and I also copied the converted phone number from OL2000 into express

Of course Express is tring to delver through SMTP while Outlook 2000/exchange uses IMAP. So IMAP must deal with @fax specaily and @fax.fax a little different. Anyone have any idea if this is plauseable and if so how to check/change it?

Thanks for staying with me,
ST
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.