Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Fax from Outlook 2002
  Posted by  Douglas Rosenberg  on Wednesday, July 16, 2003 at 3:00:10 PM (EST)
The SendFax client works when I print to the 602Pro printer, but not when I send an email from Outlook 2002 to xxx@fax. It doesn't appear to recognize the address as a fax, and tries to send it as an email instead. I did notice that one of the manuals referred only to Outlook 9x. Is there a difference, e.g., in the way the newer versions of Outlook implement MAPI?

Thanks,

Doug
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Wednesday, July 16, 2003 at 4:51:42 PM (EST)
I'm able to send a fax using both the sendfax client and outlook 2002 under Windows XP. Exactly what happens when you try? Exact error messages?
  Posted by Douglas Rosenberg  on Wednesday, July 16, 2003 at 5:28:46 PM (EST)
No error message (other than Outlook doesn't recognize the addressee and offers to add it to the address book). The message is then simply sent out as an email. Of course then I get a return message indicating that the email could not be delivered because there was no such domain as "fax.fax."

Incidentally, I was able to send the fax out through the Webmail client using that addressing convention.

Doug
  Posted by Douglas Rosenberg  on Saturday, July 19, 2003 at 7:34:45 PM (EST)
Just in case anybody's wondering, I figured out what the problem was. I had neglected to set LS as my default email account in Outlook, and so the fax was being sent out as email by my ISP. Embarrassingly simple.
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2003 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.