Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2000 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2000 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Sending Faxes
  Posted by  Ken Kellum  on Wednesday, October 03, 2001 at 5:50:04 PM (EST)
I love the 602Pro Lan Server, BUT, I have major problems getting the fax server to send out faxes properly. First, I can send faxes through the use of the print driver but the message stays in the que and kepps faxing the same message over and over until the max attempts run out. Even though the fax went through the first time!!!. Next, When sending a fax through an email client how do you send out the attachment that is attached to the message. It just faxes the "cover Page" and the attachment is shown just as it is on an email maessage. Plus it won't convert the email addresses to fax numbers properly and send them out. I have to use the print driver. I am at my wits end on this thing and If I have to buy a separate faxing program for the network my boss is gonna kill me !!! LOL Does anyone know how to set this thing up properly and actually make it work??? I am running on Windows NT with 28 clients using Outlook 97, 98 and 2000. I have the most recent build of 602pro. Thanks anyone !!!
  Posted by Nick Collinson  on Wednesday, October 17, 2001 at 6:09:10 PM (EST)
I have similar problems with sending and receiving, I've just downloaded and installed on to my NT server the latest version released on Monday 15th so I'm hoping this helps. It seems to be only some fax machines that seem to have a problem getting through. We receive around 800 faxes a month correctly. Then one particular customer will have difficulty getting through to us... As far as sending faxes goes it seems pretty important to get the configuration string right, I am still constantly changing and rethinking the config string - in vain! I have found that a simple 'AT' seems as reliable as the published string for the modem! When ours goes wrong sending it just seems to be unable to hang up, rather than keeping on re sending like you say yours does. The other thing you mentioned about the attachments not sending is a problem with Outlook and the way it sends them. To non outlook users (your 602 server included) all the attachment is, is a file called 'winmail.dat'. You then need outlook to convert this properly into the actual attachments.
I'm sure there is a simple fix for this in Outlook but i don't know what it is right now - sorry.
HTH Nick
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2000 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.