Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
56k modem disconnecting
  Posted by  Chris Freelund  on Monday, July 07, 2003 at 11:40:25 AM (EST)
Hi.. I have been running lansuite 2002 successfully for a number of months and now I am having some problems with my 56k modem disconnecting after a short time (5 minutes at the most). I can get a much longer connection (20 minutes+) if i shut down lansuite and go online direct.
Any ideas what might be causing this?
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Monday, July 07, 2003 at 1:15:51 PM (EST)
LS uses the exact same connection profile as what you have in Windows. It's the exact same information in your Dial-up Networking, only formatted to fit into LAN Suite's layout.

You may want to check out the solution for the "transmission interrupted when sending faxes" error in the Knowledge Base as it applies to your situation as well.

http://support.software602.com/kb/view.aspx?articleID=341
  Posted by John Rickey  on Tuesday, July 08, 2003 at 12:17:56 PM (EST)
In Setup | Connection make sure the Upon client request on proxy server is checked and that the disconnect __ minutes after last request is 'long enough' (we use 10 minutes; previously set to 5 minutes which often timed-out when reading longer web pages or when interrupted during browsing.

Also note that if you are browsing on the same computer that hosts LS that the connection will drop after the disconnect time regardless of how many requests the browser sends to LS.

Posted by Chris Freelund  on Tuesday, July 08, 2003 at 5:58:16 PM (EST)
Thanks for your suggestions! As it turns out it was a 12 hour change of the pc's clock by the user that stopped proxy connecting in the automatic mode. It would allow connectivity in the manual mode...thats what confused me! Sometimes its the simplest things that i overlook. Lansuite was working correctly and my faith is restored! Thanks a lot!
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.