Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Cant send to AOL
  Posted by  Tal Ben-gal  on Friday, July 04, 2003 at 8:49:06 AM (EST)
Every e-mail going out to AOL not sending becuse I am using dynamic IP ??????
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Monday, July 07, 2003 at 11:21:00 AM (EST)
Contact AOL. It sounds like they're blacklisting you for spam.
  Posted by Tal Ben-gal  on Monday, July 07, 2003 at 11:59:52 AM (EST)
I just stop LS and try MS Queue with the same configuration and all the e-mails to AOL gone OK!
So it has nothing to do with blocking my domain, it has something to do with LS and AOL in dynamic IP configuration.
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Monday, July 07, 2003 at 1:12:59 PM (EST)
Umm.

Ok, think about this for a second. If AOL is rejecting your mail, how would this be caused by LAN SUITE? It can't.

Based on the information you provided, AOL and in fact many ISPs do this, is blocking your mail based on the fact you have a dynamic IP. Contact AOL for assistance, or get a static IP from your ISP. Those are your options.
  Posted by Tal Ben-gal  on Monday, July 07, 2003 at 2:07:50 PM (EST)
So how come it's working with any other mail server?
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Monday, July 07, 2003 at 2:34:47 PM (EST)
Define "any other mail server".
Are you referring to another mail server APPLICATION? or just another mail server.

I'm sorry, but please do not get mad at me, I am trying to help you. The information you are providing points the blame somewhere else. If the information you provide is not accurate, I can't be expected to provide an accurate answer.
  Posted by Tal Ben-gal  on Monday, July 07, 2003 at 3:48:31 PM (EST)
Ok, I am running on this computer 3 diffrent Mail server becuse I had some problem in the fast.
1. LS 2002 - can't send to AOL
2. EMWAC Internet Mail Service - no problem sending anyware - the support is end and the prodact is end.
3. WIN2K internal Message Queue - No problem sending to anywhare - but very basic.

So looking at the above and all the (Mail servers configure the same) the problem, look to me, is with LS and NOT with dynamic IP or blocking of my domain / IP.
I try to send the message with LS and it come back with can't post - your IP is dynamic, swich to EMWAC and 'hi presco' the message gone OK!
  Posted by James Williams  on Monday, July 07, 2003 at 5:30:53 PM (EST)
AOL will not accept mail from any mailserver that resides on a dynamic ip address. It violates their spam policy. If you can send to other mail servers it's because they do not enforce this type of spam protection. I assure you that if you attempted to send to my LAN SUITE server, you would'nt be able to because I do not accept mail from dynamic IP addresses or dial up service providers either.

This is a perfectly common and accepted practice for avioiding spam, look in your anti-spam settings in LAN SUITE, you can deny them too. If you want to run a mail server, get a real static IP address, and a Domain name which allows a reverse DNS lookup.
Do it right, or don't do it at all.
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.