Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2000 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2000 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Connections fail for incoming faxes
  Posted by  Carlos Cattani  on Sunday, September 30, 2001 at 11:05:33 AM (EST)
I am able to send faxes between 602Pro Lan Suite servers; I am able to send faxes from 602Pro Lan Suite server to regular fax machines; but I am not able to receive faxes from regular fax machines to 602Pro Lan Suite server. The fax call is picked up but the transmition never starts. We are using the latest version of the program on a Windows 98 PC.
  Posted by Nick Collinson  on Wednesday, October 17, 2001 at 6:24:46 PM (EST)
I have thew same problem, server reports everything running fine - but incoming fax has dropped and leave modem 'off hook'.
I have installed the latest 2000.0.1.37 release on to my NT server to see if that helps. 602 don't seem to respond to these posts do they?
  Posted by John Public  on Saturday, November 03, 2001 at 11:10:37 AM (EST)
LAN Suite obviously has problems with faxing. I have no doubt that some of it is software related but probably not all. Most cheap fax modems contain their own set of firmware bugs and will kinda, sorta work with maybe 80% of the fax machines out there if you're lucky. If it wasn't this way, companies like Dialogic and Brooktrout couldn't sell expensive fax boards.

In summary, if you want *reliable* network faxing, it's gonna require something more than LAN Suite + modem in my opinion.
  Posted by Roel Touwen  on Sunday, December 09, 2001 at 9:39:53 AM (EST)
I have no problems faxing with the software at all. Of course I use not the cheapest modem, but surely not the most expence either.
For reference: I run 602 on a compaq 133Mhx pentium PC (24 Mb internal memory) with windows 98, 2nd release.
  Posted by David Addy  on Monday, July 19, 2004 at 9:58:10 AM (EST)
We have 2 or more customers who would like to continue reciving faxes via 602 pro lansuite 2004 as they did in previous versions.
But alas now on winxp and win2003 with any external modem it answers then freezes on the handshake then times out.
We then got a External US Robotics Fax modem and still no good on each site. i Emailed 602 and they said it was the drivers and only to use the manufacturers modem drivers not windows own and contact the modem manufaturers for inerstion AT commands. I contacted them and still waiting for a reply.
Does anyone have the fax collecting incomming faxes on WinXP or Windows 2003 Server ??

steve@sharetimeitc.co.uk
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2000 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.