Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
AntiSpam Control
  Posted by  David Brown  on Tuesday, June 24, 2003 at 12:51:11 PM (EST)
Help. I have added a bunch of domains using both DNS names and IP addresses. All are preceded with *@. Incoming mail from the specified domains is not deleted. The affected mail is from remote POP mailboxes. Does the list only apply to mail sent directly to the LANSuite SMTP server? How can I geet mail filtered using this list? Is there a 3rd party add on that would filter mail retrieved from remote POP mailboxes?
  Posted by Peter Murphy  on Friday, June 27, 2003 at 11:18:45 AM (EST)
The anti-spam filter only filters mail received directly through the SMTP server. the reason why is because Lan Suite rejects mail based on the incoming server name (because email addresses can be spoofed quite easily). Since all your mail collected via POP3 essentially comes from one server, it can't reject that connection.
  Posted by David Brown  on Friday, June 27, 2003 at 11:53:39 AM (EST)
Makes sense, and I figured that was the reason. Now is there a way to apply "rules" to message collected via POP3 mailboxes, probably by a 3rd party that works with LanSuite? Thanks for the info.
  Posted by Michael Westfield  on Thursday, July 24, 2003 at 9:57:19 PM (EST)
You might want to check out a spam filtering third party software. I use McAfee's Spamkiller and really like it alot. It's very flexible and works both on the server or at each workstation so filtering can be customized for each user. (I still use mail filters on antique Netscape Messenger 4.77 as email client. Lots less suscewptible to worms/macros than M$.)
Hope that helps.
  Posted by David Brown  on Friday, July 25, 2003 at 6:59:52 AM (EST)
Thanks. I actually just purchased a "spamkiller" called Spam Blocker from CoffeeCup software. It too runs on the server and is fairly flexible. It only cost $30. I'm not sure how much Mcafee cost.
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.