Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
How does ls deal with simult. outgoing connections
  Posted by  Patrice Decafmeyer  on Monday, June 16, 2003 at 4:13:49 AM (EST)
hi,

If I set up 10 simultaneous outgoing connections in the advanced configuration of the SMTP Server, in which of the following situations does LanSuite open simultaneous outgoing connections ?

1) 1 mail client connects to the smtp server to send 1 mail to 10 random recipients.

2) 1 mail client connects to the smtp server to send 10 mails, each to 1 random recipient.

3) 10 distinct mail clients connect (almost) simultaneously to the smtp server to send 1 mail to 1 random recipient (different for each client).

Additionnally, how can I fine-tune the number of connections to set up in my environment ?

Thanks
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Monday, June 16, 2003 at 2:19:51 PM (EST)
You actually don't list the way it works that I can see.

The outgoing connections are just that. If you set it to 10, it means that it will be able to contact 10 remote SMTP servers at a time.

The only benefit that you would see with increasing the amount of connections would be if you are planning to send a large amount of mail through the mail server or you are running a very large network with many different clients. This will cut down on the queue time because it opens more SMTP connections from the LS server to the remote computers.
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.