Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Networks with Mac clients
  Posted by  Ken Laster  on Thursday, June 12, 2003 at 10:30:59 AM (EST)
I'd like to hear from other users with Mac clients on their networks. Generally, LS2002 works well, but some applications on the Mac (e.g. Software Updater, iSync, iCal...) have problems going through the proxy. I have found some solutions (use Socks proxy for secure web sites), but still have many problems, and 602software will not help with Macintosh issues.

Generally I'd love to hear from other Mac users to find out what issues they experience, and if they have found solutions.
  Posted by Peter Murphy  on Thursday, June 12, 2003 at 11:28:56 AM (EST)
Like any third party application, I assume that these applications have to be configured for the proxy. You may need to get in touch with the vendor of the software to see if they support SOCKS proxies.

I've not worked with a mac in quite a while, but I do know as long as you specify proxy settings and what-not it should work fine. At least that's how it is with my Linux-based laptop.
  Posted by  on Friday, June 20, 2003 at 6:54:19 PM (EST)
Have set-up Windows networks with a mix of Windows and Mac. Always has worked as long as long as the correct protocols and IP address schemes are used. I'd look at all of this.
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.