Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
"Content-length" error
  Posted by  Hans Steyn  on Monday, June 09, 2003 at 5:40:02 PM (EST)
"Content-length" error appears when accessing pages on http://franchise.callacar.co.za/indexnew.cfm through 602 LAN SUITE dial-up. Refreshing then loads the page correctly (in most cases). How do we get rid of this because you do not get it when using stand-alone dial-up.
  Posted by John Rickey  on Tuesday, June 10, 2003 at 7:26:50 PM (EST)
Is the error message from LS or from your browser? Does the same error occur with other browsers? What browser are you using?

I have not seen the error you mention, but I had trouble with webpages loading very slowly over a dial-up with LS and Mozilla (in particular, these support pages took minutes to load; fast load if direct dial-up without LS). I tweaked Mozilla (enabled pipelining) and now the pages load in about 10 seconds. So... you might try tweaking your browser settings.
  Posted by Hans Steyn  on Wednesday, June 11, 2003 at 12:56:29 AM (EST)
I am using MS Internet Explorer Ver 6. How do I know if it is the browser giving me the error massage? I have not yet tried another browser. Where can I download one from. What does tweaking means?
  Posted by John Rickey  on Wednesday, June 11, 2003 at 11:50:47 AM (EST)
I looked through the messages in LanSuite's errors folder and do not see one with the text you saw. That does not necessarily mean the text is not from LS.

Tweaking is the adjusting of a program's settings in order to make it run better.

Mozilla's free browser may be found at www.mozilla.org. You can also check Netscape (www.netscape.com), Opera (www.opera.com) and others you might find at places like www.tucows.com and www.downloads.com

John
  Posted by John Rickey  on Wednesday, June 11, 2003 at 2:35:19 PM (EST)
I think I reproduced your problem. Message I got was:
Content-length: 754

I was able to get this in both IE and Mozilla.

Looking at the page info (in Mozilla) reveals the page was loaded from disk cache and looking at LanSuite's activity log indicates the page is being loaded from LS's cache. Removing the page from LS's cache and then loading it in the browser results in the correct page.

Looking at the page source shows the above text at the beginning of the file, apparently outside any html tags (it's absent in a correctly loaded page).

Thus LS adds the content length line to the .cfm page when saving it to the cache or when serving the cached page to you. I believe the content length line should be in a header.

At this point, I suggest you report this as a bug to 602Software.

John

Posted by Peter Murphy  on Thursday, June 12, 2003 at 11:25:55 AM (EST)
Have you tried it in LS 2003? I can't get this error to occur in LS 2003, and I know that even if it is a bug in LS 2002, Software602 won't do anything about it because once a new version comes out, they stop development on the old.
  Posted by John Rickey  on Thursday, June 12, 2003 at 11:42:21 AM (EST)
I tested with LS2002 and the testing is the only time I've seen that message. I'm not sure what Hans was using, but it sounds as though switching to LS2003 may be his answer.
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.