Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Lan Suite 2003
  Posted by  Patrick Ford  on Thursday, June 05, 2003 at 12:31:35 PM (EST)
I went to the Czech version of this site (602.cz) and downloaded the trial version of Lan Suite 2003. I was disappointed to see the that the number one feature I was wanting, the ability to have fax cover pages, was not included :(.....Oh well.
  Posted by Peter Murphy  on Thursday, June 05, 2003 at 12:55:30 PM (EST)
Hey Patrick,

I've been including cover sheets with my users' faxes for a long time now by simply making the cover sheet the first page of the document. It makes more sense that way because my users can fill out the details of the cover sheet and include any notes and what-not. I don't see how Software602 could include the ability to do this in the software since everything is sent via SMTP.
  Posted by Patrick Ford  on Thursday, June 05, 2003 at 1:47:11 PM (EST)
Yes but some applications that my users want to fax from do not allow this. Sure this works great for say a word document, but not every application has that ability. Of course you can do a basic coverpage my opening up your email client and composing a message to number@fax, but that is a kludge at best and your server has to support the ole type of the document you are sending, all in all, a very poor faxing solution.
  Posted by Michel Vanderheijden  on Saturday, June 07, 2003 at 6:58:40 AM (EST)
I looked at LAN2003 but found some strange "features".

1)If you have more than 3 users and want viruschecking you have to pay.
2)AVG is replaced by "Bitdefender".
So the AVG license is probaly useless.

Newer is not better seems to be the right saying.
  Posted by Patrick Ford  on Saturday, June 07, 2003 at 1:53:12 PM (EST)
Yes I concur, I'll probably stick with it for a little while longer, but then turn back to using mercury mail and squid (there is a windows port) for the proxy stuff.
  Posted by Michel Vanderheijden  on Sunday, June 08, 2003 at 4:32:32 AM (EST)
I will buy Lansuite as soon as it's needed because it's a nice program but than i expect proper support and that some important features will be implemented. (Attachmentblocking has high priority, add disclaimer to footer of email would be nice)

When it's for free i don't have anything to say and must be glad it's usable. If it costs money it's a whole different game.

Posted by Patrick Ford  on Monday, June 09, 2003 at 8:48:31 AM (EST)
I should of made it clear, my company has the unlimited user license of lansuite 2002 and a site license of pc suite plus, which unfortunately is never used.
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.