Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
copy of emails
  Posted by  Millar Lamont  on Tuesday, June 03, 2003 at 8:30:42 AM (EST)
I'm attemting to configure lansuite to send a copy of emails to others users on the network.

I've followed the online help of adding the mailbox name to the Alias field of all users who should receive a copy.

It isn't working for me.

Do I need a paid-for version ?, as I'm using the free (registered) 5 user version.

Andy
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Tuesday, June 03, 2003 at 11:00:18 AM (EST)
Are you sure you did it correctly?

Exactly what alias did you set up for what address?
  Posted by Millar Lamont  on Tuesday, June 03, 2003 at 11:21:57 AM (EST)
Robert,
I think so.

I've tried it both ways. Using the username as the alias, and also using the mailbox name. I found the mailbox name in the pop3 config bit. And the username in the main users page.

I've a windows 2000 machine networked to several win98 boxes. The mail distribution is working perfectly,as is the outgoing, I just can't get a copy of inbound mail sent to the admin as well as the intended person.

Andy
  Posted by James Pinamonti  on Wednesday, June 04, 2003 at 10:32:59 PM (EST)
If you can get into the advanced config go to the POP3 tab and make sure under the list of POP3 mailboxes that you have it set to "according to address". Then you can use the aliases to "catch" mail.
  Posted by Kurt Hammond  on Friday, June 27, 2003 at 5:00:25 AM (EST)
Yes, I got this to work by specifying an alias for multiple users, and sending mail to alias@(domain.com).
It will deliver to all boxes.
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.