Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro PRINT PACK 2002 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro PRINT PACK 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Any way to make PDF files smaller?
  Posted by  Frank Wagoner  on Thursday, May 29, 2003 at 11:04:18 AM (EST)
We have the 25-user Print Pack license. Creating PDF files using the Print2PDF utility often results in larger files that are not as clear as those created by Adobe Acrobat or with WordPerfect 10. I was wondering if there are any way to change the settings in Print2PDF to make the resulting files smaller and more clearer.

Don't get me wrong .. we only have one license of Adobe Acrobat as it costs $200+ per license. We paid under $200 for 25 licenses of the Print Pack, so we still like the value we're getting.
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Thursday, May 29, 2003 at 11:30:51 AM (EST)
There's not any way to change this because of how Print Pack converts the documents. It converts the document to a .gif format and then inserts it into a PDF. Image files are substantially larger than doc files, which is why the files are larger.

You can try adjusting the DPI (can be done through the Print Pack configuration tool) and see if that helps.
  Posted by Frank Wagoner  on Thursday, May 29, 2003 at 12:01:17 PM (EST)
No problem. For smaller documents, the PDF file converted with Print2PDF works well for us. For larger documents (10+ pages), we will still use the Acrobat license we have. Most of our PDF files are ftp'd to our web site; therefore, size matters when downloading by dial-up site visitors.

We'll check the DPI settings but changing them may make the PDF files even less clear.

p.s. we're looking at the eDocks software now; hope it works as well as illustrated :)
BackBack to 602Pro PRINT PACK 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.