Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Newbie question regarding fax
  Posted by  Stephanie Tam  on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 at 6:31:30 AM (EST)
This might seem like a really dumb question. Since I'm new and I don't quite understand the mechanism of the Lan Suite 2002, I cannot receive fax. I am only using Lan Suite 2002 as a fax server and I did activate the SMTP server. I was able to send faxes properly.

Now my question is how does receiving fax work? Is the phone number that I attach the modem to the number that I should send to? If it is, how does the modem know when to activate when a fax comes in? I connect the modem to the wall and to the computer, it only gives a busy signal when I dial my phone number. The computer I installed Lan Suite is on the LAN so I only set up a permanenet connection.

Any input will be deeply appreciated.
  Posted by Lewis Amos  on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 at 9:31:14 AM (EST)
I have used the fax server on many different boxes and it does work. the Key is when the incoming fax is recieved, the fax software answers the phone on the second or third ring, converts the incoming fax into a TIFF image, and the TIFF can be read via the web mail interface or POP mail (typically fax@yourdomain.com). On a local LAN it can be reached on the webmail by signing into the IP/mail of the faxserver and signing in as the fax account.
  Posted by Stephanie Tam  on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 at 9:37:16 PM (EST)
Thank you so much for your reply! So the software handles answering the call for incoming faxes rather than the modem, am I correct? Do I have to change the Hayes Modem Commands to enable this feature? I am currently only using the default values.

Thank you so much once again for your help!!! I really apprecaite it.
  Posted by James Y  on Saturday, May 31, 2003 at 8:29:18 PM (EST)
I'm not using the FAX server at the moment, but all the settings you need to make should be in LAN SUITES Advanced settings.

Yes the software listens through the modem for the line to ring, so LAN SUITE must be running when the call comes in. Under FAX (general) tab select the device to print to, and the FAX (TAPI) tab sets how many rings until it picks up...
If any modem settings need configured, it would be in the LAN SUITE FAX settings.

I hope that helped...
  Posted by Stephanie Tam  on Sunday, June 01, 2003 at 10:02:33 PM (EST)
Thank you so much for all your help! I got it working!! Thank you Thank you Thank you.
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.