Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Any way to stop LS2002 sending "return receipts"
  Posted by  F.r. Pizer  on Sunday, May 25, 2003 at 3:42:30 PM (EST)

Anybody got any ideas about preventing the sending of email "user has read" receipts ???

I'm finding that LS2002 is sending these receipts rather than leaving it up the mail package of the internal user once the email actually gets to it's final recipient.

It's causing a couple problems, and the easiest way out for me would be to disable the "feature".

Posted by Robert Smith  on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 at 10:42:38 AM (EST)
This isn't a feature of LAN Suite, it's a feature of your mail client. The only way to really stop it from happening is to use a mail client that asks you if you want to send a return receipt, then click NO.

I don't think Webmail has this feature.
  Posted by F.r. Pizer  on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 at 11:50:30 AM (EST)
The return receipts most certainly *ARE* being sent out by LS - they're being sent by the server machine *before* the messages in question have reached the user's e-mail software (ie: the user hasn't polled the server for his/her mail yet and said mail is still waiting on the server's HD) They (the receipts) are being sent out as being from "mailer" at the domain entered as the Default Domain under the users tab.

This is where the problem lies: as per the manual (pg 9) , as I am using only e-mail address provided by two "outside" mail servers at existing hosted domains, I didn't enter a value for Default Domain. *Most* of the time, this isn't a problem - however, when sending receipts, they were being sent out from "mailer@", and this wasn't accepted by one or two of the systems generating the request because they in turn cannot do a reverse DNS on the "sender" of the receipt-

I have been forced to use *one* of our two domain names as the default, which isn't entirely satisfactory, because no matter which one I use, it's going to be the "wrong" one some of the time. I would far prefer to simply not send the receipts in the first place. The domains are not directly content-related, and it's awkward for one to be issuing receipts for the delivery of the other one's mails.

BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.