Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Collecting mail problems
  Posted by  Jim Cesar  on Thursday, May 22, 2003 at 2:09:04 AM (EST)
Hi All
Can anybody help , how do I configure MS Outlook to recieve my mail from LS,I have a static ip address , the A records are setup ok and LS is recieving incomming mail , it's Outlook thats just not picking them up , can you help with pop3 / server addressing etc...??
thanks
jimbo
  Posted by Carl Pullen  on Thursday, May 22, 2003 at 5:18:53 PM (EST)
Hi,

In Outlook,
Incomming Mail (POP3) + Outgoing Mail (SMTP) = Static internal IP address of the computer running lansuite eg 192.168.0.1
Account Name = Lansuite asigned User name
Account Password = Lansuite User asigned pasword
  Posted by Jim Cesar  on Friday, May 23, 2003 at 1:58:50 AM (EST)
Thanks Carl
ps.. do you use a secondary virus scanner ( norton ) with ls..or does just avg work only..will norton scan the i/c mail to ls ??
jimbo
  Posted by Carl Pullen  on Friday, May 23, 2003 at 5:54:59 PM (EST)
Yes I use norton for all instalations, this scanns the ports for the e-mail.

On diferent clients computers where Lansuite is installed, it detects viruses before they are routed to the users.

Hope this helps.

Also use a firewall to block all other ports, and set the internal LAN computers with static ip addresses and only allow access with these addresses, in the Lansuite IP filter.

I find this can also block internal users who abuse the internet sharing.
  Posted by Carl Pullen  on Friday, May 23, 2003 at 5:58:54 PM (EST)
Sorry Jim, just fully read your message. AVG antivirus scanner has trouble using its update and requires Lansuite to be shut down in order to do this.

Norton will happily update regardless of Lansuite, as it does not integrate with the software directly.

However I am not a fan of AVG, as it has failed to pick up viruses in the passed, but it has also found them, gave a warning the computer is infected but failed to remove them. This is my personnal preference, is to use norton.
  Posted by Jim Cesar  on Sunday, May 25, 2003 at 4:00:07 AM (EST)
Carl
All works ok now , thanks
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.