Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro PRINT PACK 2002 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro PRINT PACK 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Missing Color
  Posted by  Douglas Carneal  on Wednesday, May 21, 2003 at 6:54:43 PM (EST)
I recently started to try pdf'ing docs with color but the resulting pdf file has only black, white, and the same shade of light blue for all the colored fields, regardless of their original color. Everywhere in Properties that I look I see Print2PDF is set for color. Any ideas would be gratefully accepted.

Doug
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 at 10:45:51 AM (EST)
This sounds like either a problem described in the KB regarding using a higher than supported color palatte or a problem with the original document/word processor.

Check out this KB article:
http://support.software602.com/kb/view.aspx?articleID=538

If that doesn't help, I'd suggest uninstalling and reinstalling Print Pack just to make sure something's not wonky with Print Pack. If that doesn't help, check with your Word Processor program vendor and see if there's an update to your product.
  Posted by Jo Pitts  on Friday, September 12, 2003 at 12:56:05 PM (EST)
OK, so the next question has to be - why are they still using .gif? Why not use a lossy (but higher color palette) image format like jpg?
  Posted by Jo Pitts  on Friday, September 12, 2003 at 12:58:06 PM (EST)
Further to my earlier comment about using JPG, not GIF - it would also make for a smaller file!

It may give some interestign results for txt, so maybe it could be a config option (to use jpg or gif), and when jpg was selected, a compression option could be selected. (Is anyone out there at software 602 listening :) )

Regards
Jo
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Friday, September 12, 2003 at 5:39:30 PM (EST)
I guess the deal here is "you get what you pay for".

I would never in my life expect a $20 product (Print Pack) to do exactly what a $200 product does (Acrobat).

It sounds like you are a candadite for Acrobat, as I don't know of any converter that supports anything other than gif images...and trust me, I've tried the gambit. Print Pack is just the easiest to use out of the bunch.

I am also pretty sure that the reasoning is that the gif format is royalty free, whereas the jpg format costs money to use--but I'm not 100% on that..
  Posted by Jo Pitts  on Friday, September 12, 2003 at 5:57:42 PM (EST)
Robert,
actually - I am by and large very happy with PrintPack.

And in fact, for word documents with embedded visio and excel documents, it does a far better job of PDFing them than acrobat (which tends to foul up the embedded documents)

It has its weaknesses however, and as I pointed out to Jimi in support, I am hardly lambasting the product, merely trying to suggest ways in which it could be improved (which as someone working for a small software vendor, I know I certainly appreciate).

Regards
Jo
BackBack to 602Pro PRINT PACK 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.