Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Fax --> mailbox problems?
  Posted by  Joanna Roach  on Monday, May 19, 2003 at 12:04:10 PM (EST)
Hi! Me again.
Faxes are sending fine, and 602 is accepting incoming faxes, but that's where it stops. Am I right in thinking the faxes should go to the users mailboxes?
At the moment, they seem to be in the Messages Queue, (messages to be sent) and marked as status disabled. When I try and enable them, I get the error: "error enabling message; unable to write message."

Can someone point out where I've gone wrong? Please? :)

Oh, and does anyone know what this is?

04:12:06 pm FAX: [0] Disabling C:\LANSUITE\io\vystupni\2eb37cf2.zas (The destination office is not in the list of external offices.)

Thanks!
Jo
  Posted by Donald Chan  on Tuesday, May 20, 2003 at 6:17:26 AM (EST)
Did you type in the correct fax id in the "route faxes with the following fax ids to this user" field for that particular person?

Has the "route unsorted faxes to this user" checkbox been set for any of your users? (By default, I think this should be ticked for the admin).

If you don't know the fax IDs then one option is to check the "route unsorted faxes to this user" for all users (if it is appropriate). Otherwise just check the box for your admin and let them forward the fax on to the appropriate user.

Posted by Joanna Roach  on Tuesday, May 20, 2003 at 7:03:36 AM (EST)
Hi...
Yeah, the route unsorted is checked, I've tried adding the fax id to the user's recieve list, but it doesn't make a difference.

The main admin user also does not receive any faxes, even though the route unsorted option is checked.

Posted by Donald Chan  on Tuesday, May 20, 2003 at 7:09:07 PM (EST)
Hmm...very strange...In the Fax configuration settings box, is the "print received faxes using:" field set to Do Not Print?

Can't think of another solution except perhaps if the SMTP Relay box is checked in the SMTP config. Otherwise you might need to do a reinstall as a last resort.
  Posted by Joanna Roach  on Wednesday, May 21, 2003 at 6:30:38 AM (EST)
it's set to "Do not Print", and I've tried changing the SMTP relay settings around, but still nothing. :/
Could this have something to do with file permissions?
I'm sure it's all set up correctly, but are there any known issues? (windows NT server 4 sp6)

Thanks for all your help, I'll try a re-install, and let you know how it goes. :)
  Posted by Donald Chan  on Wednesday, May 21, 2003 at 6:49:42 AM (EST)
Before you do the reinstall, have a check at the MS602.ini file in the C:\lansuite folder and double check that the PrintReceivedFax variable is set to 0(zero). I've often found that settings made in the application are not necessarily reflected in the INI files...mind you I was running LS from a WinME box then. However, since moving onto Win2K, I haven't any problems with it...so...perhaps WinNT is a factor in this case.
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.