Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
eDock Server 2.1 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to eDock Server 2.1 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
No Add to eDock link in non-English MSIE
  Posted by  Roel Vanderheide  on Monday, May 12, 2003 at 9:57:04 AM (EST)
I have installed various eDock clients on different computers. Apparently, the link "Add to eDock" is only added to MSIE when the English version of Explorer is used. On non-English versions, whereby "Links" is translated into the local equivalent word, the extra link does not appear.

Any suggestions?
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Monday, May 12, 2003 at 11:00:48 AM (EST)
I'm only guessing, but I'm pretty sure this would be because eDock is written in English for English users.
  Posted by Roel Vanderheide  on Wednesday, May 28, 2003 at 7:15:50 PM (EST)
By co-incidence I found the solution. Upon the installation of eDock client an entry "Links" is made in the Windows folder "Favorites", containing the "add to eDock" link. In a local language "Favorites" is normally spelled differently and therefor this folder is not shown but the local version is shown instead, and consequently the "add to eDock" link is hidden from the user. By copying the "add to eDock" link from the "Favorites" folder to the local version of the "Links" folder the link is correctly shown on the toolbar with the local version of "Links" in MSIE.
BackBack to eDock Server 2.1 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.