Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
smtp help
  Posted by  Mark Weyer  on Saturday, May 10, 2003 at 3:39:38 PM (EST)
How do I set up lansuite to send mail out to the internet, but not allow spammers to use my server. I unchecked the "relay" option, thinking that spammers would never use my server. Boy was I wrong! It only took one day before they found my server and had relayed 2500 emails. When I check off the "do not relay" option, my lansuite users can't send email out to the Internet.
  Posted by Michael Daigle  on Sunday, May 11, 2003 at 11:35:16 AM (EST)
I don't seem to have "relay" and "do not relay" options. I have checked the "Relay for 602Pro LAN SUITE users only" selection in SMTP properties, and testing confirms users not in the directory are denied relay.

Make sure you have checked the box "User may send Internet messages" in each user's properties whom you wish to be able to relay or send to Internet from web interface.
  Posted by Mark Weyer  on Sunday, May 11, 2003 at 8:32:19 PM (EST)
Well, email sort of works now.

With "Relay for 602Pro Lan Suite..." checked off, my LAN users can not send email at all. I have tried configuring their clients with FROM: "myLanUser@MyDomain.com" and I get the "We do not relay message. I then tried FROM: "myLanUserAlias" and LanSuite relayed it, but it then got rejected by my ISP because the email has no domain name.

So I have now unchecked "Relay for 602Pro Lan Suite users only" and checked "IP Filter defines access..". Now my users can send email out to the Internet, but are unable to receive anything because the Internet sender doesn't conform to my LANs internal IP scheme. So how do I give my LAN users the ability to send and receive email to/from outside (Internet) users without allowing spammers?

Posted by  on Monday, May 12, 2003 at 11:44:24 AM (EST)
602 works great. Make sure you DO check in SMTP "Relay for 602 users only", "Send outgoing mail......" and MOST of all, all users email address and return address is a valid user in 602 with the correct donaim address. If the email address contains a non-user or incorrect domain, you WILL get a relay denied error. You don't have to use the IP filtering or anything else to get this to work. If you still can't get things working, either reset all to the defaults or uninstall and the re-install using the defaults. They do work..
  Posted by Mike McDermott  on Friday, May 16, 2003 at 4:57:54 PM (EST)
I had the same problem until I set Any interfaces instead of binding to a specific one for SMTP mail.
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.