Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
LS and in conjunction with SpamWeasel
  Posted by  Bernard Burger  on Saturday, May 03, 2003 at 8:14:13 PM (EST)
Hi
I would like to use an external Spam filter (i.e. SpamWeasel, SpamPal) as LS's spamfilter does not allow to define a friends list. Browsing this forum I found the following thread:
Posted by Peter Wolter on 4/22/2003 at 3:08:04 AM
Hi,
just to be clear - from my understanding, LS will only check outing mails, i.e. mails sent to its SMTP port ... not incoming mails you gather via POP. I use SpamWeasel as proxy in front of LS for the latter.
Unfortunately there is no way to find out "Peter Wolter's" email address to ask him how to do that. Is there anybody else unsing a similar configuration?
Thanks for any help!
Bernard / New Zealand
  Posted by John Baker  on Monday, May 05, 2003 at 4:01:36 PM (EST)
XWall from DataEnter works for me. http://www.dataenter.com. It was written for Micro$oft Exchange but works great with LS. I had to have a friends list too. I just set Lan Suite to use it as an ISP's SMTP relay with an address if 127.0.0.1 and changed the SMTP port on LS to something other than 25.
  Posted by Bernard Burger  on Monday, May 05, 2003 at 4:20:57 PM (EST)
Hi John
Thank you very much for your hint - I'll give it a try. It's really a shame, that LS doesn't support a friends list. May be it'll - in a future release..!??
Regards
Bernard
  Posted by Michael Daigle  on Sunday, May 11, 2003 at 1:53:24 PM (EST)
LAN SUITE's anti-spam filter isn't doing much, if anything for me. Your message convinced me to put SpamWeasel back online. You can set up LAN SUITE the same way you had set up your client if you used SpamWeasel before. Since I'm using Mozilla, note that I had to change the separator character in SpamWeasel from "@" to "#".

In LAN SUITE, you must configure to use SpamWeasel for each POP account.

POP3 Server: localhost
Login name: user#pop.server.dom

I have LAN SUITE POP3 Server running on a non-standard port. This leaves port 110 open so I can map port 110 to SpamWeasel's listening port.

That's it!
  Posted by Bernard Burger  on Sunday, May 11, 2003 at 3:26:48 PM (EST)
Hi Michael
I also went back to SpamWeasel as it is doing the same as XWALL - but for free!
Regards
Bernard
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.