Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Outlook - auto recieve
  Posted by  Andrew Quayle  on Wednesday, April 30, 2003 at 4:53:52 PM (EST)
Is there any way to have Lan SUite collect emails and direct them to Outlook without having to click on send/recieve inside Outlook. Bit like in an Exchange Server config - where you get 'new mail' when it is sent.
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Wednesday, April 30, 2003 at 5:05:57 PM (EST)
That's more of an outlook question. I believe there's a setting that will collect the mail ever xx minutes..where "xx" is a number.
  Posted by Andrew Quayle  on Wednesday, April 30, 2003 at 5:19:49 PM (EST)
Not really - Lan Suite should Push the emails, rather than have Outlook Pull them. If outlook constantly polls Lansuite - the Log file will be full of POP3 requests!
  Posted by Paul Marshall  on Thursday, May 01, 2003 at 8:54:55 AM (EST)
As Outlpook is running as a POP/SMTP client rather than on an Exchange server setup it is not possible to get LanSUITE to grab messages from Outlook.

The way only to do it is to get Outlook to automatically send and receive every set number of minutes. Although this does fill the logs with POP3 requests etc is this not a trivial thing compared to getting your email sent and received?

I run a number of clients which ssend and receive every minute to three minutes but compared to the number of log entries from LanSUITE checking the POP3 mailboxes, sending email and serving web pages, it is barely anything!

Paul.
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Thursday, May 01, 2003 at 12:00:33 PM (EST)
Paul is right, the POP3 protocol can not push the messages down, but the mail client can check up to every minute, which I feel is quite resonable.

I don't even think outlook supports any way to receive a pushed message. I think you are referring to Exchange, which is a entirely different animal. The only experience I've had with Exchange was Exchange 5.5, and I don't believe this feature was available in 5.5 (I did light admin on it, I didn't build the server).

So the answe is, in fact "it doesn't do this because your client and the protocol LS supports can not do it, but you can set it to check for new mail up to every minute if you really want to." --Personally, I don't see the point, 5 minutes is sufficient for my network and my users at this time.
  Posted by C.c.c.j. Turk  on Saturday, May 17, 2003 at 4:50:23 AM (EST)
Also you can use a program like "Letterbox" that check LS.
And if there is mail on your LS box then outlook can be started automatic by letterbox. And outlook will receive the mail.
What you ask can't be done with pop3/smtp. Exchange is working most of the IMAP. And then outlook must work also with IMAP settings.

BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.