Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
AIM works but IE doesnt
  Posted by  Gene Falendysz  on Friday, April 25, 2003 at 10:22:43 PM (EST)
I'm running 602Pro Lan Suite. I have a total of 4 computers in my local net. Two running 98, one 95 and one XP. All is working well with one exception. I'm running LS on one of the 98 machines and the other 98 machine seems to be able to communicate with LS but it won't bring up web pages through IE. It will run AIM just fine. I see the activity in the LS window but no indication of what's going wrong. The other two machines have no problems. I've gone through all the same configurations on all three machines. Is there something special about 98?
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Monday, April 28, 2003 at 10:55:41 AM (EST)
Did you configure IE?

Tools --> Options --> Connection --> LAN Settings --> check the "proxy server" box, and type in the LS ip adsdress.
  Posted by Gene Falendysz  on Wednesday, April 30, 2003 at 1:31:23 PM (EST)
Yes. I have used the same configuration as on the other two machines that work.

Has anyone heard of a problem installing the same instance of WIN 98 on two machines causing problems. I own a full copy and an upgrade copy. I reformatted the drive on the machine that had the upgrade and used the disks from other machine because they were at hand. I have heard rumors that it works fine except for networking. Is this true?
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.