Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Lansuits.exe ? auto start for NT
  Posted by  Norman Wright  on Saturday, April 12, 2003 at 12:05:43 AM (EST)
I have installed (more than once) LanSuite 2002 on my clients 8 node NT Terminal Server (cut down version of NT4) and am unable to have Outlook find the POP and SMTP servers unless the application is running. The services start successfully but the application has to be manually run for the app to work. The problem I have is that as a matter of course the server is rebooted weekly and I do not want to have a userid running purely to have LanSuite running. I notice that the NT Event log shows a problem with running lansuits.exe (a small 52k exe) - I have tried to copy the file from another clean installation but the system still fails. I have been at this for a while now and have no idea what to do next. Has anbody out there any suggestions?

Cheers Norman
  Posted by David Hart  on Saturday, April 12, 2003 at 1:08:26 PM (EST)
When you say that you need to have the application running for it to work properly, are you suggesting the app AND the service or the app in lieu of the service? You should not have both running at the same time.

I've tried this on XP and 2K (not NT). I have found that the best results are obtained with the service set to manual with a "net start" command in the start-up group.

The other thing that helps is to do the setup with the service off, running the application version. I would make sure that you debug thoroughly using the app since you have a live log to work with. then re-install the service and set it to manual.

I'm also curious if your problem is from clients. Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you that I also found that everything works better with static inside addresses rather than DHCP - I'm sure others would disagree. I'm also using Bind-PE for DNS so you can set all clients to the server's IP for NS resolution and everything works faster anyway since bind caches ns.

I'm no tech guru but if you're in a bind feel free (as long as it's between innings).

DavidHart@TQMcube.com
  Posted by Janp. Krahnen  on Monday, April 14, 2003 at 4:52:15 AM (EST)
if the service lansuits doesn't work as well as app. lansuite does, then you can install lansuite as well as a service... therefore you need a tool: "srvany" with which you can use every app. as a service and therefore start without a user-login.

greetings

thorsten (admin of jan)
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.