Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
eDock Server 2.1 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to eDock Server 2.1 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
indexing files on a remote server
  Posted by  Magnuus Hjorliefsson  on Tuesday, April 08, 2003 at 3:16:02 PM (EST)
Hello all
I have this installed on a Win2k sp3 server using IIS5. I wanted to be able to point the file storage to a NAS instead of my web server is this possible?

Thanks
Magnus
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Wednesday, April 09, 2003 at 10:20:31 AM (EST)
You can specify which directory you want to install the edock DB to during the installation. if you've already installed the software you will have to completely uninstall it and reinstall it to specify the database directory.
  Posted by Magnuus Hjorliefsson  on Wednesday, April 09, 2003 at 10:22:57 AM (EST)
That isnt what I am really asking. What I would like to do show a bunch of directories and files that exist on another server and use edoc installed on a different server is that possible? Or do the files have to reside on the web server that edoc is installed on?
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Wednesday, April 09, 2003 at 11:27:23 AM (EST)
Ahh, I understand now.

The answer is that only the files on the local web server will be indexed at this time. I went ahead and submitted this as a suggestion to Software602.
  Posted by Magnuus Hjorliefsson  on Wednesday, April 09, 2003 at 11:39:33 AM (EST)
Do you know where it is set to look to by default (what directory) or is there a configuration file that contains this info.
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Wednesday, April 09, 2003 at 2:04:31 PM (EST)
I don't think there's any way to change it other than reinstalling the software.
  Posted by Magnuus Hjorliefsson  on Wednesday, April 09, 2003 at 2:24:11 PM (EST)
That kinda stinks. I'll poke around the install and see if I can change it. Thanks for the help

Magnus
  Posted by d carlos  on Thursday, April 10, 2003 at 5:54:46 PM (EST)
what about linux
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Friday, April 11, 2003 at 10:13:18 AM (EST)
Read this post:

http://support.software602.com/forum/view.asp?pgno=1&gid=5795&cid=7

(it's the one right under this one on the list)
BackBack to eDock Server 2.1 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.