Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro PC SUITE 2001 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro PC SUITE 2001 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Diagonal Line Accross Page In 602 Text
  Posted by  Steve Weeks  on Monday, April 07, 2003 at 11:41:15 PM (EST)
I just installed 602Pro PC Suite (latest build) and when I open up 602 Text, I've got a diagonal line running from the top right page corner to the bottom left corner of the current new document on screen. I can't imagine why this is on there and I also can't seem to get rid of it... very annoying. It was in an older version I had and the latest I just downloaded. Must be some way to get rid of it. Anybody know of this or how to stop it from happening?

Thanks
ScooterBoyZ
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Tuesday, April 08, 2003 at 10:16:51 AM (EST)
Steve,

Sounds like you have some kind of damaged template or something. Try the instructions in the Knowledge Base:

http://support.software602.com/kb/view.asp?product=pcs2001&article=77

Except you will want to blank out the template and start at number 4.
  Posted by Steve Weeks  on Wednesday, April 09, 2003 at 11:35:01 PM (EST)
Thanks for the help. I gave that a try, but it did not change anything (page still looks like a rectangle with a diagonal line top to bottom). Also noticed I can not open File/Page Setup to make any changes, wonder if this has anything to do with my Template problem? Any other ideas I might try?

Thanks
Steve
  Posted by Steve Weeks  on Thursday, April 10, 2003 at 12:37:46 AM (EST)
As a further note on this issue, a slight work around for the problem seems to be changng my template to HTML format (line went away). Still comes back with the regular Template & still can not open File/Page Setup at all. Tried an other complete uninstall/reinstall (with registry editing to weed out all instances of 602), to no avail.

Steve
  Posted by d carlos  on Thursday, April 10, 2003 at 5:57:32 PM (EST)
is robert smith from the cure?

Posted by Ian Bolden  on Monday, May 12, 2003 at 2:52:55 PM (EST)
This is so frustrating. I have recently re-installed my OS (Win 98SE)
and am slowly building up the apps. What a wonderful prog Acronis True Image is. However, I too on this new setup have the diagonal line situation, yet my original installation no problems at all. 602 works well. I have spent 2 days loading all sorts of other apps in differing combinations, looking for driver upgrades or anything that will irradicate the prob.
602 did start to work a moment ago, when I went into page setup and selected A4 sheet -but even now that has stopped.
Somebody must know the answer. 602 is a good app, I'd hate to have to ditch it because of this, this ....diagonal.
  Posted by Ian Bolden  on Monday, May 26, 2003 at 1:18:23 PM (EST)
Steve,

I have sorted my situation out, at long last. It appeared to be my display card (ATI Radeon 64MB VIVO) that needed to have its drivers updated. Any how I have done this and all is sorted. I hope this gives you a pointer. Best of Luck.

Ian Bolden
  Posted by Steve Weeks  on Monday, May 26, 2003 at 9:08:22 PM (EST)
Ian,

You mean the ATI driver update (I also have a Radeon card), cured the line problem?

Steve
  Posted by Ian Bolden  on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 at 4:50:48 AM (EST)
Steve,

Yep. USe the following link:
http://mirror.ati.com/support/driver.html

I found that I had problems if I used the very latest driver so I plummed for version 4.13.9016.
You need to unistall the current drivers and then install the new one. Make sure you have the original disk as it searched for new hard ware which could only be resolved by using my orig installation disk.

Once you have identified your OS and your ATI card, a screen will present its self with the current update. Scroll to the bottom of the page and select Previous driver version.

Really its a case of download and then trial and error to see which works for you. My card now reports as an ATI 7200 as opposed to the orig Radeon DDR. But it all works.

Best of luck

Ian
  Posted by Steve Weeks  on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 at 8:52:56 AM (EST)
PERFECT! Thanx Ian and good job.
BackBack to 602Pro PC SUITE 2001 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.