Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Error converting ole object 2804
  Posted by  Sebatien Verfaillie  on Thursday, March 20, 2003 at 9:59:45 AM (EST)
Hi there,

First i want to tell you all its a shot in the roze "Lansuite 2002".

Ok now time for toubleshooting, ik keep on having problems when sending fax messages true outlook. On the server i always get the error 2804 (fax conversion error)
I tried differend e-mail formats (RTF, HTML, ...) Nothing works.
If i tried withe the sendfax tool i can do it without any trouble.
I can tell you that when everything was installed for the first time everything went fine until i installed it like as a service (i think) So for me the modem is ok it worked before and also with sendfax driver.
I have uninstalled different times lansuite 2002 but nothing i hav installed office also on the server so he get more ole objects.
What i can say is when lansuite is converting the object it take sometime before it finished and give an error e-mail.
For teh sendfax driver you send it and in a few seconds it is converted and put in the queue.

Please give me a hint on this one i 'am getting nervous.

For the rest it is realy a good tool and very complete.

THX M8s
  Posted by Raymond Groen  on Friday, March 21, 2003 at 5:59:55 AM (EST)
I experience exactly the same problem. OLE conversion failed!!

What is going wrong?

I really would like to use the fax utility. For the rest the product is awesome.
Raymond
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Friday, March 21, 2003 at 11:44:56 AM (EST)
It means you don't have an OLE handler for whatever you're trying to send.

You need to install a program on the server that will install and handle whatever it is you are trying to send. For example, if you're trying to send a .DOC file, you will need to install MS Word or PC Suite.

Once you have done that, go into the Advanced Configuration/FAX tab and click the detect button. Make sure the extension is listed there or it won't work.
  Posted by Sebatien Verfaillie  on Friday, March 21, 2003 at 2:42:07 PM (EST)
yeps guys i found the prob.

For the moment everything works fine now.
I have reintstall like i said, after reinstallation i have run with the extended /dbg:r it seems to be a debugging for the smtp server, also after i did this i reboot and everything went smoothly. Know i don't now if it comes from the debugging or from the reboot or bothe. any idee ????

For the faxsend driver your smtp need port 25 so i put everything back to old status.

Greetings Fred.
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.