Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Multi Domain Mail with LS2002
  Posted by  C.c.c.j. Turk  on Thursday, March 20, 2003 at 5:25:54 AM (EST)
Who has multi domain mail with LS2002 working ?? And how have you config it.
example: Mail is coming on 1e Mailserver with mycompany.com and then it must be convert to different sections. like sales.mycompany.com or something else. Who knows how to don that ??
mDaemon like.

gr. Carlo
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Thursday, March 20, 2003 at 9:45:42 AM (EST)
Multiple domains isn't support in LAN Suite. At least not in the way you want to do it.

You can set up aliases to download mail from a different domain name than set up as your default domain, but you would need an external email provider to do this.

The Tips and Tricks for January explains how to do it.
  Posted by Tommy Bell  on Wednesday, March 26, 2003 at 1:05:17 PM (EST)
I use email servers at office and home with a domain at home and office. The servers are set up as secondary servers for other domain. The primary server will the log on to the secondary server with pop to down load and distribute to individual mail boxes.
On the setup user screen I have a blank default domain name. I set up user name for each user on the default domain with alias that includes the domain name (user1@defaultdomain.com) not just the users name. I set up the administrator user with the alias (*@defaultdomain.com). I also set up a user for domain2.com as user name domain2 with aliases (user1@domain2.com, user2@domain2.com, *@domain2.com) for each user at domain2.com and * for wildcard. This gives me a backup if either system is down. I am also running a Simple DNS plus DNS server on the office machine.
The office system was collecting all my home email for a couple of weeks after I installed a firewall on my home system so I inadvertantly found out it works.
Tommy
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.