|As an email server ?
on Monday, July 23, 2001 at 1:43:59 AM (EST)
Pls excuse my lack of understanding here - running WinNT on one PC, Win2000 on another - can run Win2000 Adv Svr if necessary.
I want to run an email server that will enable me to provide a service for at least 20 and maybe a whole lot many more users (>1000 ) under at least one domain name (and possibly several concurrently).
1) Does Lan Suite 2000 enable me to simply run an email server and for how many people
2) I presume it is a proxy as well ? Do I need to use that or can I use a different proxy
3) what O/S can I run this on
W98, W2000, NT
4) my NT machine is hosting a domain at the moment, can I just drop Lan Suite on there to be an email server only ?
5) can I run Lan Suite as an email server on one machine for say 3 seperate domains or only for one domain
thanks in advance for your patience and help
on Wednesday, July 25, 2001 at 2:55:36 PM (EST)
The only problem I forsee is the fact that LAN SUITE only supports one domain.
Other than that, you can load it, disable the Proxy and WWW functions. and run only the SMTP and POP3 services within the program.
It will run on WINDOWS 9x, ME, NT or 2000 with no problems though for your potential number of users I would probably recommend W2K server.