Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Forward fax message to other fax.
  Posted by  Gonzalo Romero  on Wednesday, March 12, 2003 at 12:54:29 PM (EST)
I can't send faxes with .tif files attachments. I'm get this error:

Disabled, because it could not be sent. Error converting message to fax format. Fax conversion error (txt:Creating OLE object error. (2804)).

I'm uninstall and reinstall Lan Suite, but this not work. The conversion of tif files fails. Can somebody help me.

Thanks.
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Wednesday, March 12, 2003 at 4:25:56 PM (EST)
You need an ole that supports .tif files. The problem is that the fax server doesn't know how to read these types of files.

Since most graphics viewers can read tif files, you will probably just need to install one on the server and it will work fine. Once you've done that, go into the Fax tab and click the detect button and see if TIF is listed there.
  Posted by Gonzalo Romero  on Thursday, March 13, 2003 at 4:39:34 AM (EST)
Thanks for your support, but on Lan Suit features talk about native support for TIFF files. I have the same problem with html documents. Sending by fax an email with html content as seen next.

Fax conversion error (htm:Creating OLE object error. (2804)).

But in Tapi general configuration, lan suite says that htm and html files are supported...???.

Please help me, I need this running yet.
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Thursday, March 13, 2003 at 3:06:42 PM (EST)
Yes, and the passage you read means that the RECEIVED faxes are tiffs, NOT the sent faxes.

Did you try what I suggested?
  Posted by Gonzalo Romero  on Friday, March 14, 2003 at 4:09:55 AM (EST)
I'm test lan suit on al winxp and win2k machine. Both have a tif viewer, I can view tif files with "image an fax viewer of windows" or with microsoft photoeditor, or openoffice. What more I need to have this working?

Also, it is supposed that if I have an application like openoffice installed (ever on the server) I should may send faxes with file attachments of kind .sxw , but I can't. Why?

Thanks.
  Posted by Tom Herls  on Friday, March 14, 2003 at 5:10:05 PM (EST)
>>>with file attachments of kind .sxw , but I can't. Why?<<

Lansuite doesn't support all files just the ones listed. Also, when you update the OLE detection, make sure you reinstall first, then do the OLE update as well, but don't use the web, use the console to do it. Any time I tried using the web admin, it did not work. Also make sure you are using the new "build" of LS. Lastly make sure all appications are on the server as well so it can "recognize" the format
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.